If you have any other question, please use our enquiry form, we're happy to answer your questions.
What is the duration of your courses?
- We run a variety of programmes which range from one week to one year.
What is the minimum level of English you can accept?
What are the Nationalities of your teachers?
- The school was founded and is run by a British family. Our teachers are from various English speaking countries - Malta, England, Canada, America and Australia. They are highly qualified and accredited English Foreign Language teachers.
How many teachers are there at Elanguest?
- There are more than 30 teachers employed by the school, although the number of teachers varies depending on the time of year.
Do I need to provide my own books?
- The school will provide you with all the necessary course material that you will need. Additional books may be purchased for your own reference and are available at the School bookshop.
How do I get from the Airport to the School?
- For a small fee the school arranges private collection from the airport. When you land, a school representative will ensure you are safely driven and checked into your chosen accommodation. We will even track your flight, in case of delays.
Can I access my email and the Internet?
- Yes, the school provides free Internet access for all students. Elanguest also provides free wireless internet access to all its students.
What's the typical age of students?
- The age of our students ranges from 18 years to 74 but the average age works out at around 32 years old.
Is it a big school?
- Elanguest is a small to medium sized school – not too small and not too large!
How many students are usually at the school?
- Our student numbers are between 50 to 80 students in the winter and around 150 to 200 in the peak months.
Is Elanguest open all year?
- We are open all the year round except over Christmas and start the year around the first week in January. Our opening hours are between 08:00 and 16:00 from Monday to Friday.
What times are the classes?
- Classes start at 09:00. We have a half hour coffee break for all classes at 10:30 – VERY important! Lunch break is at 12:30 (13:00 hrs on weeks that contain a public holiday)
How do I pay?
- Check this page to see details of how to pay.
How do I contact the School?
- If you have any questions regarding the school and courses please see our contact page.
Local Facilities Questions
Can I buy food at the school?
- No, the school cafe serves tea, coffee and soft drinks, but there are plenty of cafes, restaurants and supermarkets very close to the school where you can buy food.
What if I need to see a doctor?
- The school can arrange a doctor for you if you need one while you're in Malta
Are there banks close to the school?
- Yes, HSBC is 100 metres from the school with an ATM outside, and there's a bank of Valletta ATM opposite.
Are there buses or taxis nearby?
- Yes, both. The bus stop is directly opposite Elanguest - you can pay for either single day tickets or buy weekly tickets if you'd prefer. Wembley taxis is underneath the school offering taxis 24 hours a day.
Are there any gyms nearby?
- Yes, the Hilton Hotel is opposite the school and you can join their gym, or there's the Westin Dragonara Hotel, the Challenger Gym, or Cynergi - all within walking distance of the school.